Adrien tells us about his trek with the marmots.
Despite the unpredictability of the weather and some technical passages, his adventure in the magnificent Vanoise mountain range is sure to take you away from your daily routine...
This year, what if were to choose France as the place to make the most of the end of the season? A week of trekking, all alone in the world, in the heart of the Vanoise national park.
It's unspoilt, it's natural, it's magnificent. In short, it's the perfect spot!
Elevation gain +
High point: Col de la Rocheure (2911m)
Almost total: bivouac
1 night in a mountain refuge because bivouacking isn't allowed up there
Best period for this trek
From the end of June to the end of September (beware of the closing of the mountain refuges at the end of the season)
(trek completed in September 2020)
1. From the Plan d'Aval car park to the Orgère mountain refuge
2. From the Orgère mountain refuge to the Roc de la Pêche mountain refuge
3. From the Roc de la Pêche mountain refuge to Pralognan (via the Col du Grand Marchet)
4. From Pralognan to the Leisse mountain refuge
5. From the Leisse mountain refuge to the Femma mountain refuge (via the Col de la Leisse and the Col de la Rocheure)
6. From the Femma mountain refuge to Aussois
His favourite quotation:
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything much better"