THE IDEAL TOUR FOR A 20-DAY ROAD TRIP IN THAILAND
From Bangkok, we recommend starting in the north of the country with stops in Ayutthaya and Sukhothai. You can then travel to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. You will finish your trip in the south by discovering the islands of the Andaman Sea from Phuket and the Gulf of Thailand with Koh Tao and Kho Pha Ngan.
Here are the details of the stages day by day:
- 2 days in Bangkok to visit the must-sees: Grand Palace in the morning, Wat Pho and Wat Arun in the afternoon, evening at Khao San Road.
The next day, discover Chinatown, Wat Saket and a floating market on the klongs;
- 1 day in Ayutthaya: a UNESCO World Heritage site;
- 2 days in Sukhothai (including travel): to discover this other historical site, former capital of the kingdom of Siam;
- 3 days in Chiang Mai, the capital of northern Thailand (one day on the road): a day to visit the old town and spend the evening at the night market.
The next day, take a Thai cooking class and visit Doi Suthep National Park;
- 3 days in the Chiang Rai area: as soon as you arrive, take a walk through the old town and visit the small shops of the night market. The next day, don't miss the Blue Temple, Khun Korn Waterfall and Wat Huay Pla Klang. Finally, take advantage of the third day to go hiking in the jungle, to meet the ethnic minorities of the region;
- 2 days in Phuket: go back down to Phuket by night train or bus to avoid domestic flights. On site, rent a scooter for a day trip to the south of the island;
- 1 day in Koh Phi Phi: take the ferry to spend the day on this legendary island in the Andaman Sea. Spend the night there, then take the boat back to Koh Lanta;
- 2 days in Koh Lanta: very wild, Koh Lanta is a popular destination for backpackers looking for deserted beaches. By scooter, you can easily explore every corner of the island;
- 3 days in the islands of the Gulf of Thailand: put down your backpack on Koh Pha Ngan or Koh Tao for a few days of relaxation or take a dive.
Return to France from Koh Samui or Bangkok.