Our purpose : to sustainably make the pleasure and benefits of trekking accessible to the many.
Durability is a pre-requisite for all Forclaz products, whether in terms of robustness, long-term reliability or through our environmental responsibility. (CTA) For more information
To ensure we best meet the needs of our customers, all over the world, our products are designed with the help trekkers out in the field, in conditions that you might encounter while trekking.
Can you think of an existing Forclaz product that needs to be improved? Post a review on our decathlon.co.uk website: our teams read all your feedback which informs our work, on a daily basis.
Do you want to help design our future products? Register on the https://cocreation.decathlon.fr/en platform: we regularly post questionnaires and calls for product testing."
Because we are committed to preserving nature and our hiking terrain, and aware of the environmental and societal consequences of our actions, our Forclaz team members have adopted a sustainable development approach within our own working environment.
More specifically, we aim to:
- reduce the average environmental impact of Forclaz products by 10% every year
- ensure that an eco-design approach is adopted for all new products
- develop, and expand, product hire and repair
- explore and test new durable solutions: produce near points of sale, improving transparency of product traceability, adopting circular economy approaches, reducing waste during production etc.
The Forclaz team is made up members with a range of skills and personalities from all walks of life.
What brings us together? A love of trekking and a personal commitment to a more sustainable world.
We share our values with those of our favourite sport: humility, solidarity, commitment, vitality and responsibility. It is by respecting these values that together we hope to establish ambitious sports projects, that will provide both pleasure and personal fulfilment.
We are proud of all our efforts and actions because all are actions make a difference.
Every year, we set off together for a ""Trek week"": it's an opportunity for us to get together to share our passion for trekking and test the latest prototypes (which are not always fully operational...)
A place for outdoor enthusiasts to meet and discuss
Our design centre, based at the foot of Mont Blanc in the Arve valley is ideally located so we can meet with fellow trekkers and test our products in the field in real-life conditions.
This site has all the necessary facilities for teams to carry out their design projects:
- a customer listening zone so we can better identify sporting needs
- an open-plan office for improved collaboration and skill-sharing
- prototype workshops so we can produce early models of future products
- test laboratories to ensure the reliability of our products and components
- a ""phantom store"" in the basement where we can try new ways of marketing display products