- Toothbrush: foldable or with its own textile storage case for easy storage and to keep it away from bacteria. Plus point: choose a renewable material like bamboo.
- Solid, refillable toothpaste: why choose between environmentally friendly and light when you can have both? Made from clay and essential oils, it comes in a small jar weighing ~20g and on its own covers the contents of 2 tubes of standard toothpaste - not bad, eh? Essential oils leave a fresh taste in your mouth, for the benefit of those around you :)
- Solid soap: natural and made from vegetable oils with no additives or fragrance to limit its impact on the environment. It can be used for both body, face and hair. Be careful, however, to limit the amount you use on your face and hair.
Please note: often, rinsing your hair with water may be enough to give it back its shine.
- Biodegradable toilet paper: if you have to do your business out in the wilds, go for biodegradable paper to limit your impact on the environment. Remember to dig a hole and stay away from streams and trails. This applies to any outdoor environment. !
- Towel: made of microfibre, it dries quickly and is compact.