If you want to sleep comfortably in your sleeping bag and get a good night's sleep like in a real bed, here are some tips to follow before you turn off the lights!
- Dress simply. In general, a single layer of clothing should suffice.
- Warm your extremities by wearing a hat, gloves, socks or using heaters if necessary. A bottle of hot water can be used to warm up (if there is no risk it might open, of course!)
- Did you know that 70% of the energy consumed is transformed into heat? By contracting your muscles, you can then create a nice source of warmth before you fall asleep!
- You can also use a bag sheet, ideally made of silk, to maximise the warmth inside your sleeping bag
- And for the same comfort as you’d get at home, don't forget a small pillow!